Friday 9 September 2011

Waterfront, Canada place and Seabus to Lonsdale Quay

One summer day, a former student of mine from Manitoba was here in BC for her religious activity and she was given 2days off to roam around. Since I am living just 30minutes where she was staying, we met. I decided to bring her to North Vancouver Lonsdale Quay, Waterfront and Canada place. As  we were traveling, she mentioned to me that they don't have such kind of attractions in Manitoba because it was completely plain (my employer described it as landlocked so she advised me to bring my student to a place where she could see mountains, water and city)

Canada place- This is the venue of the big events like Canada day, Christmas and fireworks display. It says to be the place where your Canadian experience will start. The different provinces of Canada and their major cities are written on the floor (just like the Hollywood walk of fame).

This ship was another attraction at the Canada place. I don't know how many times it travels to it's destination but I've seen it twice in a month.

While in the seabus from Waterfront station to Lonsdale Quay. One of the buildings that you see here is the Londsdale Quay Market (with the big letter Q where I took the picture below)

Taken from the top of Lonsdale Q market. This is one of the perfect places to listen to bands for free, buy fresh veges, do some face painting and to relax buy just watching the peaceful water (with a perfect view of the busy Vancouver area on the other end). 

 And this is the waterfront  (when you go up on that stairs, you'll be in Canada place). This is one of the views that you will see at the end of Canada line skytrain station (from Surrey where I am living).

This post is linked to Watery Wednesday!

>

2 comments:

  1. Ganda ng mga shots sis! Keep it up. Sana makapunta rin ako sa lugar na yan someday.

    Happy birthday! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete